Better food choices for oral and overall health
Trying to eat healthier? Great news – some of the best food and drinks for your body are also good for your teeth and gums. Here are a number of options that double your health benefits.
- Water washes away food particles and bacteria in your mouth and helps prevent cavities.
- Crunchy fruits and vegetables such as apples, carrots and celery help clean teeth.
- Leafy, dark green vegetables like kale and spinach contain calcium that build enamel for stronger teeth.
- Milk, unsweetened yogurt and cheese help protect tooth enamel and lower acid levels in the mouth.
- Nuts, including almonds, peanuts and cashews, contain calcium and phosphorus to keep teeth strong and fight bacteria.
- Unsweetened tea can help fight cavity-causing bacteria and reduce inflammation in gums.
Choose healthy foods and drinks like these to keep your body and your smile healthy.