Five Things to Look for in a Dental Plan
Your employee benefits package can say a lot about your company. Providing options your employees value can be a key factor in employee retention and satisfaction. It can also be an integral part of attracting new talent and growing your business. Dental coverage is a highly valued benefit that promotes superior oral health and supports overall wellness. The right dental plan can keep your employees smiling while increasing productivity and reducing unplanned time off. Here are five things to look for.
- Coverage that meets your needs and budget. Every company is different. Look for a dental carrier that allows you to customize your dental plan to fit the needs of your employees while staying within your budget. To stretch your benefit dollars even further, look for carriers that offer added benefits beyond the plan design such as special discounts or extra perks.
- Dental industry expertise. Many insurance carriers offer dental, but very few have the specialized knowledge and experience to design effective dental plans. Bundled benefit packages often include "one-size-fits-all" dental benefits with hidden restrictions that make it possible for the carrier to offer the proposed cost savings. To offer your employees a dental plan they value, look for a carrier with dental expertise.
- Easy access to participating dental professionals. With many dental plans, members pay less for their dental care by visiting a dentist or specialist who participates in the plan's network. Be sure your employees have access to network providers no matter where they live, work or travel.
- Plan information at your fingertips. It's important that you and your employees have convenient access to your dental plan information. Self-service website resources, a user-friendly network search tool and a convenient mobile app are all perks that can increase employee satisfaction.
- Support you and your employees can count on. You and your employees deserve friendly, reliable service. Look for carriers that offer local, in-house support teams available by phone, online chat or email.
At SDC, we've been providing the quality dental benefits employees need and the savings employers are looking for since 1986. In addition to superior dental coverage, every plan comes with value-added benefits like Free Second Opinions, savings on cosmetic dental services, and exclusive prescription and vision discount programs. Our dental network is one of the largest in the United States, giving members access to participating dentists and specialists no matter where they live, work or travel. Our local, in-house service team is just a call, email, or online chat away. Prefer self-service? Our website and mobile app provide convenient access to Find-A-Dentist, ID cards, plan information and more. Reach out to your broker or contact us today at (800) 762-3159 for more information about how an SDC dental plan can keep your employees smiling.